Monday 28 September 2015

Britpop- Just music or a way of life?

Hello!

So today I'll be talking about my favourite genre of all... Which is of course Britpop. But is it just music (the best in the world, I might add) or is it a way of life? Well, it's both. Here's why.

Britpop is something a lot of people would have grown up listening to, unlike quite a few other genres. It's something you can relate to, something that's been in you for your entire life and will never leave again (this isn't a bad thing!!).

It's something that I've been brought up to listen to. Albums such as Definitely Maybe, Urban Hymns and Word Gets Around were what I listened to in the car, and I'm still listening to now. It's something you can't grow out of unlike perhaps house, pop or punk (some people don't grow out of these genres, but Britpop is extremely different).





Britpop is obviously a type of music, but it's a culture too. I think that Manchester is definitely the main origin of Britpop, since it gave us Oasis, The Smiths, Elbow, The Stone Roses, The Verve, Doves, Morrissey and Ian Brown (not to mention many more huge bands).

A short post today, but what are your opinions on Britpop/British Rock?

-Chloe Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment