Friday 11 September 2015

10 Chill-Out Songs!

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, but I thought I'd start a new post by describing my 10 favourite Chill-Out songs (in no certain order)!

1. Early Morning Rain- Paul Weller

This song (from Studio 150 Deluxe Edition) is an absolutely beautiful acoustic song which is a lovely song to listen to whilst chilling or, as the title states, early in the morning.

2. Sweet Pea, My Sweet Pea- Paul Weller

There are going to be a few Paul Weller oldies on this list. From the album 'Heliocentric', is one of my favourite childhood songs 'Sweet Pea, My Sweet Pea'. It's a beautiful little song which definitely deserves a space on this list.

3. Handbags and Gladrags- Stereophonics

There will also be quite a few Stereophonics tracks on this list, but my favourite song of all time is 'Handbags and Gladrags' from 'Just Enough Education to Perform'. It's an old song but it's gold, and perfect for a calm day.

4. I Miss You Now- Stereophonics

Another one of my favourite tracks from Stereophonics is 'I Miss You Now' from my favourite album, 'You Gotta Go There To Come Back'. It's not a very upbeat song, but essential to chill out to.

5. Beach Side- Kings of Leon

Another recently discovered Kings of Leon song is 'Beach Side' from 'Come Around Sundown'. It's an amazing song to listen to, particularly whilst watching a sunset. 

6. Close To You- Paul Weller

Last Paul Weller song (I promise) that is on this list is 'Close To You', originally by The Carpenters but beautifully covered by Weller from his 'Studio 150' album. Another one of my childhood favourites.

7. Pick A Part That's New- Stereophonics

Clearly by the title of the song it's going to be a lovely song, From 'Performance and Cocktails' is one of my favourite songs to chill out to!

8. Getaway- Stereophonics

The final Stereophonics song is 'Getaway' which makes me want to go on holiday. This track is from 'You Gotta Go There To Come Back'.

9. Us and Them- Pink Floyd

Another old song, but this time by Pink Floyd is 'Us and Them' obviously from 'The Dark Side of The Moon'... Strange, but great!!

10. I'll Be Around- Empire of The Sun

The final song and by no means the least is 'I'll Be Around' by Empire of The Sun, taken from their latest album 'Ice on the Dune'. It is a beautiful and relaxing song!


So there you go, there are my favourite 10 chill out songs!

-Chloe Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment