Friday 8 July 2016

The Getaway - Album Review

Hello,

So I thought I should really do a lot more album reviews as I have only reviewed a few on here before. What is more convenient to start off with then 'The Getaway', Red Hot Chili Pepper's new album.

To start, I think it is brilliant and better than I was expecting. Perhaps not quite as good as 'By The Way', but it is close.

Track 1- The Getaway

The track that contains the album name... And it does not disappoint. It is absolutely brilliant and has a really good beat and rhythm to it, particularly in the chorus. One of my favourites from the album.

Track 2- Dark Necessities

'Dark Necessities' was the first track I think all RHCP fans heard from this album, and we knew that it was going to be good just from this one track. It is by far one of the best tracks on the album, with an amazing bass to it and just a catchy rhythm overall.

Track 3- We Turn Red

Something a bit different from RHCP, but very catchy and something to dance to. I do absolutely love this track as it is unique.

Track 4- The Longest Wave

Ah, my current favourite track from this album. The very first time I heard this song I did immediately fall in love with it, absolutely amazing is the only way I can even begin to sum it up.

Track 5- Goodbye Angels

Yet again, words do not describe how much I love this track. It is so different, but unique as the RHCP are. It is fantastic.

Track 6- Sick Love

What do I say, once again another amazing track. The verses are just beautiful and connect with the chorus in a brilliant way.

Track 7- Go Robot

Now the bass by Flea on this track is just brilliant, followed by some excellent vocals. The both go together amazingly.

Track 8- Feasting on the Flowers

I do feel like I'm repeating myself, but another amazing track from this album. It has an excellent riff to it, and once again is something you cannot sit still to.

Track 9- Detroit

'Detroit' is another song I am falling more and more in love with. The guitar is absolutely insane, and by far the best on the album for the guitar riff. 

Track 10- This Ticonderoga

The most unique song on this album definitely goes to 'This Ticonderoga', I absolutely love it. It is one of those songs which shows us why we love Red Hot Chili Peppers so much.

Track 11- Encore

Another beautiful song by RHCP, and something a bit more chilled. An excellent track to say the least.

Track 12- The Hunter

'The Hunter' is another excellent track to help wind the album up, with some excellent lyrics and vocals once again from Anthony.

Track 13- Dreams of a Samurai

Something a little unexpected from RHCP, a piano in the intro, but it works excellently and blends in with the rest of the song. 


So overall, I would give 'The Getaway' a strong 4/5. An excellent album and definitely not disappointing from RHCP.

-Chloe Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment