Thursday 13 October 2016

Invaders Must Die - Album Review

Hello,

So I've decided I'm going to do another album review on something slightly different than normal, and this would be The Prodigy's- Invaders Must Die. This has been one of my favourite albums of all time ever since it was released, so I thought it would be a good idea to review it.

Track 1- Invaders Must Die

This song is a brilliant way to start off the album, with an immediately catchy bass and drop. I'd have to say this has always been one of my favourites from the album and the first song I heard, one of their best.

Track 2- Omen

With the second track being 'Omen', The Prodigy had already won my approval of this album. It is one of the catchiest songs with interesting but nevertheless amazing lyrics, and the way the song is put together electronically (along with the others) is simply unbeatable.

Track 3- Thunder

'Thunder' has been one of the songs I've listened to a little less on this album, but it is still absolutely amazing and reflects what The Prodigy's music is all about- madness.

Track 4- Colours

Once again, 'Colours' is one of the songs I've listened to less on the album, although it is one of the more popular and is still excellent work by the group.

Track 5- Take Me To The Hospital

Ah, one of the best tracks on the album, 'Take Me To The Hospital'. This is also one of the more popular and catchier songs, and it is just astonishing. It doesn't get much better than this from The Prodigy, although it is not my absolute favourite on the album.

Track 6- Warrior's Dance

And now for my favourite on the album- 'Warrior's Dance'. I'm not sure why, whether it be the catchy tune or the unbeatable drop, but this has always been the best track in my eyes. I've also always found the music video fitting and interesting to watch. 

Track 7- Run With The Wolves

With this song being the seventh on 'Invaders Must Die', it just maintains the amazing and energetic flow of the album. This song sounds a lot rockier and less electronic than some of the others, but it all goes together perfectly.

Track 8- Omen Reprise

Following on from the amazing track 'Omen', this short reprise definitely keeps everyone listening to the album and wanting more. I love this short reprise and it's definitely one of the best I've ever heard in an album.

Track 9- World's On Fire

Once again, 'World's On Fire' is one of the more rockier songs within the album, but this just makes it seem even better (especially being a huge fan of the rock genre). I'd love to see this live.

Track 10- Piranha

Coming towards the end of this amazing album, 'Piranha' is definitely one of my favourites. It sounds almost halloween-like (hence why I shall be playing it continuously this halloween), and just all year round...

Track 11- Stand Up

And finally, to end this album on such an amazing song (unless you bought the deluxe edition), 'Stand Up' is just perfect. Most people recognise this as it was featured in one of the 'Kick Ass' films, but it is just unbelievable.


Overall Rating- 5/5 (to be picky, 4.8)

So this is one of my favourite ever albums as previously said, and I couldn't bare to score it any less. If you haven't listened to 'Invaders Must Die', or any of The Prodigy's stuff infact, then I highly recommend it. Leave any comments down below on albums you want me to review next time and I'll make sure I do.

- Chloe Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment