Monday 3 October 2016

Upcoming and Ongoing Tours #3!

Hello,

So I have written blog posts on Upcoming and Ongoing Tours twice before, so considering many have been announced/are being announced currently, I thought it would be only suitable to do an updated version, as I think I last wrote one in June (and a lot has happened in the music industry since then!)

Red Hot Chili Peppers

That's right, the Chili's are finally touring again, and this time in the UK with an exciting trip to the O2 (which I may be attending, although I am not sure). I believe they are also touring around the world with a world tour following their recent release of Dark Necessities.

Guns N'Roses

Guns N'Roses are currently on a tour around North America, which is unlucky for us Brits, although they may announce some UK dates at some point soon (we can hope!).

Aerosmith

I may have mentioned this in my last post, but Aerosmith are planning a farewell tour in 2017, which will be sad, but they will be touring around the world and dates may be announced fairly soon.

Green Day

One of the most anticipated upcoming tours is the Green Day tour. Despite only doing 3 UK dates, I believe they are touring around the world this year/next year, and dates have already been announced. However, if you have not already grabbed tickets, they are mainly sold out, so you'll have to pay a small fortune for them!

The Killers

I shall note that this is definitely not confirmed, but The Killers are apparently releasing a new album, meaning there MAY be a tour after this around either the world or just the UK, so keep your eyes peeled!

Liam Gallagher

Liam Gallagher has announced that he is releasing a solo album as of next year, which should be followed by a UK tour, so that is something to definitely look out for.

Kings of Leon

Another tour that has not yet been announced or confirmed, but following the 14th October release of WALLS, Kings of Leon should do a world tour with some UK dates (hopefully in London so I can grab some tickets myself!), and it will be extremely exciting, so keep a look out.

Ocean Colour Scene

After having tour dates out for a while, with many nights sold out, Ocean Colour Scene have many upcoming dates in the UK which I believe you can still grab tickets for, so if you're interested, it is definitely worth the try!

Richard Ashcroft

For all Ashcroft and The Verve fans, Richard Ashcroft has released many UK arena tour dates including London's O2 arena (and I don't think they're all sold out yet!). 

Bastille

Fairly recently, Bastille announced many UK arena dates (many are sold out, but tickets can still be grabbed due to extra dates added on). Luckily, I have managed to get tickets myself and I am seriously looking forward to it as they are simply outstanding live, so it's worth a look.

Empire of the Sun

Following a new album release soon, Empire of the Sun have released a few dates, including a very short notice one off date at London's Roundhouse this month. That date is completely sold out, but have a look for others and many more to hopefully be released soon.

American Authors

And finally (not one for us in the UK), but American Authors have many tour dates around America, so if you live in any of the areas announced, they are worth getting tickets for.

And for the disappointing part...

Tours that have recently ended include those by Stereophonics, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds (I shall write an article about my visit to Brixton Academy on September 8th on his final  tour night!), Coldplay, AC/DC and many more. However, new tours are being announced and it is all very exciting in the music industry currently!


-Chloe Jade 

No comments:

Post a Comment