Monday 4 May 2015

Chasing Yesterday - Album Review

Hello!

Today I'll be posting 2 posts... Album Review (Which was meant to be done on Friday, woops!) and Music of The Week which I'll be posting every Monday.

So, today's album review is of Chasing Yesterday by Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds...
Overall Review:
I was really surprised by 'Chasing Yesterday', but in a definite positive way... Every song is different in it's own way and some are sad, whereas some have a happier vibe.. I also love how each song flows into each other, and this album deserves 5 stars!

Riverman
I am in LOVE with the solo's and backing track in this song... Saxophones, guitars, pianos, you name it.. And they all fit beautifully within each other. I will never get sick of this song, and it's one of my favourites in the album.

In the Heat of the Moment
This was the first track I heard on Noel's new album, and the most catchiest and probably the most popular. I absolutely love it!

The Girl with X-Ray Eyes
I love the lyrics to this song and Noel's voice in this one.. Absolutely brilliant song within the album.

Lock All The Doors
This is another one of my favourites in the album and one of the rockiest/most energetic within 'Chasing Yesterday', and probably the second most popular to 'In the Heat of the Moment'.

The Dying of the Light
This song is absolute perfection, and the saddest/most emotional on the album with some truly beautiful and well-written lyrics by Noel Gallagher.. It has been known as the best song he has ever written by critics!

The Right Stuff
'The Right Stuff' is very different to the usual songs that Noel writes, but in a positive way... This has a rather psychedelic vibe, and is a great track.

While the Song Remains the Same
This song is another sadder song on 'Chasing Yesterday' and is quite similar to 'The Dying of the Light' but has a completely different story to tell and is absolutely brilliant.

The Mexican
This song is definitely, by far the most upbeat track on the album and another one of my favourites, which you cannot resist but dance to as soon as you hear it!

You Know We Can't Go Back
This is another upbeat song nearing to the end of the album, which is absolutely brilliant and has won me over! (Fun Fact- The song contains the lyrics 'You know we can't go back' because Liam Gallagher said this to Noel!)

Ballad of the Mighty I
Finishing the album off is 'Ballad of the Mighty I' which is another amazing track, and the second one I heard within 'Chasing Yesterday', which I absolutely love and is another popular one!

So there is my album review of 'Chasing Yesterday', let me know in the comments below what you think of this album!

-Chloe Jade



No comments:

Post a Comment